Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Flow meters not showing correctly on a78 MFD
07-08-16, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-16 12:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Fuel Flow meters not showing correctly on a78 MFD
I will continue to be in contact with them...even though they are extremely slow to respond compared to the customer service that I have rec'd from Raymarine, so for that, my hat is off to you guys and your customer service.

I will also ask about more lowrance equipment as well...do you think it will pose a problem if I connect a lowrance gauge for example and its connected to the seatalkNG network rather than the NMEA? Or will the gauge function correctly within the seatalk network? They have a smaller fuel meter that they sent me the documentation on that would allow me to change the bus and it is around 400 or so dollars, however if you purchase without the flow meters its closer to 250.00 I have found some used gauges on eBay that are cheap and function and I am thinking about trying that route as well and then resell once I get the bus configured.

As for the Maretron, I have looked into this, and its a very pricey route to go down since I have already installed and purchased both fuel flow meters and the seatalk network...

I will update this thread as I get responses from Lowrance...If anything I hope to find a solution to this issue as I have found mass amounts of people that are in the same boat and have had issues with the meters. Maybe for the future buyers I will have the solution for them.

Next Gen Charters
1998 Baha Cruisers 285 Weekender Hardtop
Twin Merc 350 Inboards
Raymarine a78 Wi-Fi MFD - Evolution EV-150
CHIRP DownVision,RD418D Digital Radar Dome, ClearPulse, CPT-100, SeatalkNG
(2)Lowrance NMEA 2K Fuel flow sensors, Depth Raider probe,
(3) Cannon Mag-5 Downriggers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel Flow meters not showing correctly on a78 MFD - kingspade - 07-08-16 11:25 AM