The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True Wind vs Apparent Question
07-30-16, 05:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-17 04:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
True Wind vs Apparent Question
Below is a copy from a previous post about true wind vs apparent wind. I believe all these elements are working correctly as, I get correct wind direction and wind speed displayed on my ST60 wind gauge, I get a heading through my MFD and autopilot works well as the boat can steer to a waypoint via the track function and my paddle wheel is working as seen though the ST60 speed meter. All are connected via the sea talk interface bus. I still do not get any correct true wind display on the wind instrument gauge. What steps do I need to proceed with to get the true wind to calculate and display correctly?
Thank you

What are the system requirements for calculating True Wind?
True Wind data (sometimes called True Relative to Boat—is Apparent adjusted for Speed Through Water and Heading) is required for utilization of advanced sailing features found in some Raymarine products. Products supporting calculation of True Wind (not to be confused with Ground Wind) require the following sensor inputs within the system:
- apparent Wind Speed
- apparent Wind Direction
- heading (not to be confused with COG)
- speed through water (not to be confused with SOG)

A very good article addressing the dependency of True Wind on speed through water, not SOG, may be found here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
True Wind vs Apparent Question - Hope - 07-30-16 05:41 AM