Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
10-17-19, 12:23 PM
RE: [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
James,

Q1) Now with having to change to the SR200 weather module (LH3 compatibility) and I'm probably now going with the RVX1000 sonar control as well, plus connecting two Axiom/Axiom Pro screens, how would I adapt all this? One option is to use the existing SeaTalk Hs switch but that would require up to four adapters (A62360). Another option is to add an HS5 switch powered off the old SeaTalk Hs switch keeping only the radar on the old one. The last option would be to discard the old switch entirely and just go with an HS5 switch with one adapter to the radar. So three options. Which would be best? I'm thinking the last one because the old RJ45 connections are getting a bit temperamental at this point.
A1) Should there be issues with the currently installed SeaTalkhs Cables and/or the SeaTalkhs Network Switch then it would indeed be recommended that these items be replaced with appropriate lengths of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable and a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. These would then permit the MFDs, RVX1000, and SR200 to be networked to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. As you have suggested the currently installed Digital Radar Cable may be adapted to be mated to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an A80247 RayNet (F) to RJ45 (F) Adapter.

A powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone will be installed to support interfacing the Evolution autopilot components, i50 Tridata instrument, and Data Master MFD as individual spurs to the backbone.

Q3a) Would I need further space on the HS5 for anything in the future?
A3a) Should additional compatible devices having an Ethernet communications interface be added to the system in the future then a second HS5 RayNet Network Switch may be added. Typically, the Gigabit ports of the switched would be joined to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Q3b) Can a second switch be powered off the first?
A3b) Negative.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-17-19 12:23 PM