The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
08-09-16, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-18 02:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
Hello,
I am prepared to modernize the electronics on my 2002 Sea Ray 460DA once again. I'm sure the company likes hearing that and I have been pleased overall with the Raymarine performance.
I purchased the boat used in 2007 and removed all Raymarine OEM electronics except Tridata, GPS antenna, and ST7001+ autopilot. I added two screens, E120 and E80 with DSM 300, Ray 218, SR 100 and a new HD Digital 4kw 48" open array. The recent crash of my systems due to the Sirius XM weather conflict is now fixed with a software update but it prompted me to look at all the recent advances in navigation electronics including WiFi and trip planning remotely. Here are my questions for an optimum configuration for the 460, used exclusively in the Great Lakes.
1) Because the MFD are less deep, I can now fit two 12" screens. I spoke with Ron yesterday at HQ and he suggested both the eS127 and eS128. He said I can have two different sonar images running simultaneously that will not interfere. What transducers do you recommend? I have the DSM transducer there presently along with a transom mount secondary for the Tridata.
2) I really depend on my SR 100 and apparently I can retain that. Is a bridge connector required?
3) Do I need a new bus now? I believe I have the Hsb2 and would need SeaTalk NG?
4) I want to get the new Evolution autopilot. Although my type 1 pump still functions, it's getting old. I plan to upgrade to a type 2. So do I assume that I should be opting for a EV 400 power boat configuration pack?
5) The heart of this conversion is that my HD Digital radar should be compatible, correct? Otherwise I have to re-think this.
6) Later I will assess adding a WiFi antenna, modern Tridata or other but wish NOT to cut holes in the dash. (The autopilot swap will require a bit of minor cosmetic surgery on the dash.)
Any help is appreciated in confirming my potential order. I just do not wish to make any expensive mistakes due to poor planning. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Questions on a New Configuration - JP460 - 08-09-16 10:07 AM