Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does A68 require a CP100 so downvison sonar will work?
08-26-16, 04:55 PM
Downvision compatible transducers?
I need some advice on this......

It is my understanding that the Raymarine RAYE70339 does not have the ability to support the downvision function that the Raymarine A68 has built into it.

Am I wrong about that?

I am being told that it can be used and downvision will indeed display if the "ping is enabled" and the software revision is #1745.

Is this true?

I also have, besides the A68 with Wi-Fi chartplotter, the CP100 module installed.

Does that make a difference in the RAYE70339's ability to display downvision on the A68?

Are there any circumstances in which the RAYE70339 as the only transducer installed is capable of displaying downvision on the Raymarine A68 unit?

I am also told that the transducers I originally understood to be the correct thru-hull models for downvision display, the CPT110, or the CPT120, to be wrong for my boat, a 2009 Sea Ray 270 SLX. Is that correct? The boat can go as fast as mid to upper 40's MPH in ideal circumstances, although of course actually traveling at those speeds is very rare. I am only pointing this out in case speed affects functionality, but typically I would be cruising at speeds of 30MPH and more often that not much slower than even that speed.

I am trying to determine the correct thru-hull transducer for my boat so that I can take full advantage of both the sonar and downvision capabilities. Because I am getting conflicting information I am hoping you can settle this by giving me a definitive answer so I can ensure my boat has the correct gear installed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Downvision compatible transducers? - RichardS - 08-26-16 04:55 PM