The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a75 not detecting NMEA2000
08-11-16, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-16 12:28 PM by mark426.)
a75 not detecting NMEA2000
Hi,

Have an a75 unit that came with a boat I bought. Software was updated last week, and I'm running Navionics charts without issue. It was just a standalone chartplotter.

I wanted to add engine interface, so interfaced to the gateway, got the patch cable and the NMEA backbone all hooked up and powered up.

I went to the engine setup wizard on the unit, nothing found. Went to the settings to check for devices/external data, nothing found. I made sure it was the data master. Checked to see if there were any other settings available - didn't see anything else.

So, I pulled it next to my other boat, connected everything to my other boats network and e97, and instantly had all the data from the engine. Only thing I changed was unplugging the spur and running a longer backbone cable - I used the power source for the e97 on the Yellowfin and the network was powered by the RHIB.

So, what's wrong with my a75? Am I missing some kind of communication/network setting? Or is it a hardware issue?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
a75 not detecting NMEA2000 - mark426 - 08-11-16 06:05 PM