The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] e97 touchscreen doesn't seem to have complete functionality
08-12-16, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-18 11:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] e97 touchscreen doesn't seem to have complete functionality
Hi,

Have an e97 that I bought new. Being the hybrid touch, I expected control with either the screen or the keypad. Software was updated 3-4 weeks ago I believe, would have to check version number to be precise.

When I got it, I assumed it just was designed that way, as a way to avoid accidental touchscreen presses, especially since the calibration runs fine, and all the points and corners seem to work ok. However, some of the "functions" or "commands" just won't work when selected on the touchscreen - I can only access them from the keypad.

Two that I know of offhand are the "return to vessel" when browsing the chart (so I always have to back out, hit menu, hit find ship); and a few of the autopilot engagement controls (don't remember exactly, I usually use the keypad key or the p70r from the lower helm just so I don't have to deal with it).

I just basically accepted it as an annoyance until I started using my a75 on my other boat, which seems to work better overall.

So, should the hybridtouch display and keypads be 100% redundant, or are they designed to avoid accidental touch controls? I figured if the touch lock was engaged, nothing would work - but this is a partial issue. The menu button, the mode selection on the home screen, and the data box drop downs all work fine.

I can try to capture a video if need be, but I figured I'd check if its a known issue first. I didn't have any luck searching.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] e97 touchscreen doesn't seem to have complete functionality - mark426 - 08-12-16 11:49 AM