Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonar Logs - Dragonfly
08-17-16, 09:15 AM
RE: Sonar Logs - Dragonfly
Okay, lightbulb moment I think. If I have the Navionics Boating app installed on an IPhone, for example, the app would get updated live by the Dragonfly. But no updates would occur to the Navionics charting that displays on the Dragonfly. Forgive me, I was so excited about all these features and the Dragonfly's ability to output the SONAR to an Ipad, that I didn't realize the Dragonfly can also output chart information to another app. It sounds like the Navionics Boating app and the Wifish app are competitors, if you will, because it looks like the Navionics app will display the chart and sonar and downvision. But the Wifish will not display updated charting. This is sort of unprecedented stuff, seeing two businesses work closely together to produce the very best product, even within the competitive environment. A little confusing for the consumer, but well worth it.

And my reefs appear to be public information if I chart them in the Navionics Boating app, so the only way to keep them secret will be to turn off the app if I fish them or even run over them.

Thanks for your patience and total professionalism on this matter. I greatly appreciate it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Sonar Logs - Dragonfly - fallguy1000 - 08-15-16, 02:47 PM
RE: Sonar Logs - Dragonfly - fallguy1000 - 08-17-16 09:15 AM