The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum User Manual?
08-16-16, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-16 09:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Quantum User Manual?
I was disappointed to find that the available user manuals for the Quantum only include the installation manual. Although useful for installation and set up, that manual provides little information about using the Quantum. When I asked the marine electronics firm that sold and installed my unit, they told me that the radar section in the MFD manual provided all the information. But I have the E6 unit, and that manual predates the this radar unit. Sure some things may be similar, but I would like to read a thorough discussion about this new technology and how to use it to its fullest. For example, the Quantum boasts that it has superior short range imaging capabilities compared to the older technologies. Great, but what are the nuances of using this for example in crowded harbors or in variable weather conditions? How about the unique problems concerning interference with other similar radar units?

Thanks,
Jack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Quantum User Manual? - donotsellmyname@yahoo.com - 08-16-16 08:34 AM