The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
connecting power to new network
08-19-16, 12:27 PM
connecting power to new network
I am upgrading the electronics on my boat. I am replacing a c80, RS125, st60 with two transducers, and vhf 215.

I have ordered and just received an eS127, RS130, Quantum radar (power and wire), Airmar P-79 Raya, Ray60 VHF, EVAutopilot 200 with drive pack, a dst800 A22111, and two MEFI-4 engine gateways which will use a male devicenet to Seatalk ng adapter cable A06046.

I have mapped out the network and will connect the Radar and Sonar to the back of the MFD. The MFD will then be connected to the backbone with a spur cable, as will the rest of the components. I intend to use two 5 way blocks for this with the proper spur cables and terminations.

My question relates to the power set up.

1) The eS127 MFD, Quantum radar, Autopilot (ACU200), and Ray60 VHF all will need their own power based upon what I have been reading.
2) The network backbone also will require it's own power.

My question relates to the dependencies for the power hook up. For instance, under the old set up, when i pressed the power button for the c80, the ST60 and the VHF radio also powered up.

Is there any guidance as to what the dependencies should be for the described system. For instance, Allen at FoxMarine where i bought the engine gateways advised that the gateways should receive power when the engines start. They each draw 30 ma and can drain the batteries over time. However, they are part of the network and will be powered by the house battery, not by the ignition system. The only downside is that you are missing data for 6 seconds which isnt a problem for me.

I currently have them drawn up to receive power from the backbone via a A06049 power cable. I also have the RS130, the Heading sensor, and the DST 800 Triducer set up to receive power from the backbone.

1) What is the proper power set up for this network?
2) Will the MFD kill the power to the instruments connected to the backbone when it is turned off?
3) Or will the backbone continue to provide power to the components listed above. 4) Will the P70 R turn off the power to the Autopilot components when it is switched off?
5) Is there an example available for the proper set up?

I have researched this a bit and could not come up with any real guidance and the way the phone technical support is set up at RayMarine it is componenet based as opposed to system based.

I have attached the system diagram below. If you see any other concerns with it please feel free to let me know.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Nate
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
connecting power to new network - nharrison5 - 08-19-16 12:27 PM