The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seatalk Fail / SmartPilot
09-12-16, 12:04 PM
Seatalk Fail / SmartPilot
Seatalk Fail Error
Equipment: Smart Pilot ST7001 & ST-50 Tri-Data
Blindly running new rubber fuel line under the floor I would have crossed over two cables.
I suspect the Fluxgate cabling would be the damaged cable as it snaked under the floor in I assume the same path as I ran the fuel line. The computer to sea talk ran pretty much parallel and not under the floor.
After running the last leg of the fuel line I received a Seatalk Fail error. Everything was in perfect running order prior to the fuel line installation so it sounds like it should be pretty simple. ((Yeah…complex electrical is not my strong suit))
Trouble shooting guides say to check cables and connections. Of course I can’t see beneath the floor so I have been checking the voltage at each end of the cables. The voltages all match from the course computer to the Controller and the Fluxgate. However, the blue FLUXGATE has no of very little voltage at the Smartpilot terminal hence the same reading at the FLUXGATE.
What should this reading be? I’m concerned that something may have shorted back to the computer?
I need to resolve this issue as I am looking to upgrade from the ST-50 to es9-Series equipment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Seatalk Fail / SmartPilot - tondelayo_29 - 09-12-16 12:04 PM