The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Product Selection Advice needed...
09-13-16, 01:16 PM
Product Selection Advice needed...
From Ray marines list...

- a list of the marine electronics products which are presently installed onboard the boat:

E120 (older generation)
Furuno Radar 1835
SIMRAD AP 28 Autopilot
I also have a RM A98 MFD that is NOT installed

- a list of the features/capabilities that you are seeking to add

I like the touchscreen and functionality of the A98 as well as the downchirp sounder so I would like to use that as a main unit...

- type of usage (serious fishing, cruising, offshore sailing, bay sailing, racing, etc.)
Fishing/Cruising.

- type vessel (displacement powerboat, planing powerboat, sailboat, etc.)

32 Blackfin Flybridge

- any physical constraints (ex. size of the display, desire for in-hull transducer, etc.)

None
- type of steering (cable, hydraulic, chain & sprocket, cable assisted hydraulic, fly by wire, tiller, etc.) ... a consideration for autopilots

Cable

- vessel length ... a consideration for depth transducers and autopilots

Anyways here is my situation.. I have the above installed and would like to stick with the newer generation A series stuff. If I were to install the A98 what else would I need other than a new transducer (I would like to switch to a Thru-Hull) I would need another display and probably a Radar. Any suggestions on which ones? Do I need a whole MFD (A98) or is there some type of stripped own "monitor" that would network with this to display things. How about networking, what type of extra stuff would I need to network two displays an a Radar (which I also need help chosing for this type of Vessel).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Product Selection Advice needed... - samsteele - 09-13-16 01:16 PM