The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A65 Orginal Question
09-23-16, 06:02 AM
A65 Orginal Question
Hi, newbie to the forum and do appreciate all the great information provided. I was given an original A65 in like new condition and it seems to operate great. I updated the software to version V2.28 thanks to the information and files found in this forum. It did not have an antenna and I was able to get an RS125 Plus to use. I do not have the original cable so I could not cut and splice that, but I did find a connector that interfaces with the 6 pin male GPS socket on the A65. I found the below instructions previously provided, my question is the cable only has 5 leads and the diagram shows 6 leads being connected. I see two of them go to shield, do I just jump off the single shield wire to both connectors or eliminate one?

"Unfortunately, the requested cable & and plug were never available as individual parts. As this product was retired some time ago, details of the RS12 sensor plug are not readily available. The cable features a 6-pin plug which may be acquired from Gemeco (part #E36014). The pin-out for a RS12 GPS Sensor cable follows:
with the plug oriented with its female pins facing you and its indexing keyway at 12 o'clock, pins numbered clockwise:
1. red
2. shield
3. shield
4. yellow
5. green
6. center pin - brown"

I found many suggestions for using the NMEA interface on the unit, however I don’t have that cable or a five pin connector that matches and the few I found are crazy expensive for a connector and short piece of cable. If there is a better suggestion I would really appreciate the advice.

Lastly, the unit has the Navionics US All-in-One Marine OEM CF/91SN V17 card installed. Will that card display land mass as I navigate in our bayous and along our gulf coast? When I run simulation mode I only see blue seas with no land mass. If not is there an add on card still available for this older unit for Northwest Florida (Pan Handle) that I can purchase. Sorry for the long winded post, and again thanks for a great forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A65 Orginal Question - ski - 09-23-16 06:02 AM
RE: A65 Orginal Question - ski - 09-25-16, 08:33 AM