Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Seatalk to Garmin 740s?
07-05-17, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-17 08:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Seatalk to Garmin 740s?
HI Chuck,

Thanks for the detailed reply. Since this is my first venture into networking marine instruments I will read through it a couple of times to make sure I get the details correct. Hopefully I can digest this without having to ask further questions.

Regarding the ST40, glad to hear the display is waterproof. However the problem I observed is not the instrument but where the cables plug into the back. The location is inside a console in the cockpit out of direct weather but during hurricane Matthew the winds blew a lot of spray under the console and wet the back of the ST40 bidata. When I later removed the teak trim around the display for revarnishing I found green corrosion around the end of the Seatalk plug where it had gotten soaked. I would like to remount it in the same location but it will get wet again under the right (or wrong) conditions.

I did caulk a yogurt cup around the mounting [censored] leaving just a small [censored] for the cables but that wasn't enough. Would you recommend using some kind of caulk or sealant over the wires where they plug into the bidata? Maybe butyl tape or ???

Regards
Skip
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] Seatalk to Garmin 740s? - duetto - 01-08-17, 03:27 PM
RE: Seatalk to Garmin 740s? - skipmac - 07-03-17, 03:10 PM
RE: Seatalk to Garmin 740s? - skipmac - 07-05-17 08:22 AM
RE: Seatalk to Garmin 740s? - skipmac - 01-27-18, 10:11 AM
RE: Seatalk to Garmin 740s? - skipmac - 01-29-18, 10:42 AM