Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Course Computers and Smart Heading System
02-26-16, 09:37 AM
RE: Course Computers and Smart Heading System
Paul,

Q1. As I review the 150g manual, do I understand correctly that with the "g" series course computers there is no need for the GyroPlus unit?
A1. You are correct in that that there would be no need for a GyroPlus / Pathfinder Smart Heading system should an autopilot course computer featuring a gyro (ex. 150G/400G, S1G, S2G, S3G). The gyro within these course computers only support the autopilot's Auto-Learn feature, but also supports its ability to transmit gyro stabilized heading data via the course computer's NMEA 0183 Port OUT1 port.

Q2. I'm not clear on the continued need for the FluxGate with the addition of the course computer. Is that still needed with the "g" series course computer?
A2. Should a gyro assisted autopilot course computer be installed onboard the boat, then the system should not additionally include a GyroPlus / Pathfinder Smart Heading System. The last MFD design to feature support for linearization and calibration of the GyroPlus / Pathfinder Smart Heading System was the E-Series Widescreen MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Course Computers and Smart Heading System - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-26-16 09:37 AM