Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequent No Pilot Alarms
03-08-17, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-17 03:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Frequent No Pilot Alarms
Hans,

Q1. 1. Disconnected external power to ST and relying only on SPX10 power. Everything stayed powered up.
A1. Per my earlier response, it is generally not recommended that a SPX10 Autopilot Course computer supply power to a STng backbone featuring any SeaTalkng devices other than the autopilot control head, autopilot course computer, and Data Master MFD, as insufficient power may be available from the SPX10's SeaTalkng port. Should a system feature additional SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 devices as does yours, then the SPX10 Autopilot Course Computer's SeaTalkng POWER switch should be configured to the OFF position and the backbone should be powered via a SeaTalkng Power Cable (connected to a switched 12VDC power circuit) which has been connected into a spur socket located at the approximate midpoint of the backbone's LEN load. Should you have done so, and power to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is lost as you have indicated, then it would indicate a problem with your backbone or the SeaTalkng power source as previously stated.

Q2. Do I need to put a blank plug in place of black red power cable. Now I took out the fuse but left connection in.
A2. It is recommended that black SeaTalkng Blanking Plugs be installed within any unoccupied SeaTalkng spur sockets within the backbone or within devices to protect the socket from exposure to the marine environment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Frequent No Pilot Alarms - Aquadesiac - 02-28-17, 05:04 PM
RE: Frequent No Pilot Alarms - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-08-17 01:09 PM