Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interfaceing EV 200 to older Raymarine Displays/ GPS
05-02-17, 10:49 AM
RE: Interfaceing EV 200 to older Raymarine Displays/ GPS
Walt,

Q1. Everything seems to work well EXCEPT when I go to use the "track" feature to go to a waypoint that I have selected from the chart plotter to go to, the auto pilot beeps an alarm and says "No Navigation data" Even though the chart plotter plots the dotted line to the waypoint. I don't understand it. The data boxes on the PR70Rs head are all showing that it is receiving accurate information from both the fish finder and chart plotter including "Bearing to waypoint", Cross track error" & "Distance to waypoint" to the waypoint that I have selected on the chart plotter. Any ideas?
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. On a side note, I'm not certain I did the sea trials correctly. I don't see the option for a sea trial wizard. This unit just auto learns, correct? ... as long as the pilot has power whether it's in auto or not? Regardless, I did a nice circle with power to the unit on but not engaged and then followed up with another circle with the pilot on using the rotary knob. The boat did a perfect circle as directed via the rotary knob. Line of site seems to be a nice striate path with the boat in auto also.
A2. Unlike prior generations of Raymarine autopilots, Raymarine's Evolution autopilots do not have a SeaTrial mode. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing addressing the cruise to be taken following execution of the Dockside Wizard to determine the deviation field sensed to by the EV-1/EV-2 Sensor Core.

Q3. One final question, I can't seem to change my PR70sr units measurements from nautical mile to statute miles. No matter what I do, it reverts back to nautical miles. I have my chart plotter/ GPS set to statute miles. The PR70Rs seems to be taking the statute mile values from the chart plotter and converts them to the nautical mile values and displays that info on the heads screen. That's not what is preventing the track function from working, would it?
A3. This issue may be resulting from not having the latest software installed within the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the software of the system's Raymarine products having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface may be updated or downgraded.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interfaceing EV 200 to older Raymarine Displays/ GPS - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-02-17 10:49 AM