Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interfaceing EV 200 to older Raymarine Displays/ GPS
04-02-17, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-17 10:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Interfaceing EV 200 to older Raymarine Displays/ GPS
I actually have another Raymarine auto pilot hooked up to the older Seatalk bus's along with those 2 Pathfinders & RS120. It's a ST6001+ head with a 150G Course Computer. Originally I had two auto pilots on the boat. The hydraulic lines were tee'd and had 2 separate pumps. The other pilot was a real old Cetrek but I kept it around for a back up auto pilot till it recently quit working. The Cetrek was not interphased with anything. What I did now was tear the old Cetrek out including the pump and using those lines replaced it with the new EV200. This new EV200 with its P70Rs head will now be my new primary auto pilot but I would like to still keep the ST6001+ for a back up system. I run trolling fishing charters and it's imperative to have a functioning auto pilot no matter what!

I guess my question now is since this ST6001+pilot was interphased to the Sea Talk system unlike the old Cetrek, can I leave it plugged into the Sea Talk network now that I have it connected to the Sea Talkng network via the converter and going to the new EV 200 pilot? It would be nice in a pinch if I had to go back to this older Raymarine pilot that it were still linked to my plotters & GPS, not just the new system. If permitted to be left in the overall network, which autopilot would the plotters recognize or would it not matter till one or the other gave the command to "go to"? Also, if permitted to be left linked up, that wouldn't be too many Sea Talk devises powered only via the converter? (I thought I read that you can have up to 5 Sea Talk devices) As suggested, independent power to the Sea Talk network has been disconnected and now everything is being powered from the converter by way of a spur and directly from the ACU. Thanks - Walt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interfaceing EV 200 to older Raymarine Displays/ GPS - Walt - 04-02-17 05:36 PM