Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedo Test
04-12-17, 08:19 AM
RE: Speedo Test
Photobug,

Q1. I just crawled into the lazarette to take this picture recently to get an idea at what I was facing. I have other photos that show the missing wire in this photo. It looks like a grey uncovered wire. I assume it is the shield?
A1. Yes.

Q2. I have a lot of connectors in my kit but nothing that small. Where i might be able to find some smaller female blade connectors?
Q2. Please use the link provided within my prior response to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q3. I have a ratcheting crimper for standard sized DC wiring, would it work on wires this small? If not how should I crimp these wires to new connectors?
A3. A ratcheting crimp tool would seem to be a bit overkill for this purpose. While the inexpensive crimp tool which is commonly included with many crimp connector sets may be used for this purpose, I prefer on which is a bit heavier in construction such as the one within this photo.

[Image: Z066syfo5oy.JPG]

Q4. I read how to test green with shield for continuity with 4 fluctuations between open and closed circuit each revolution. What other tests should I run on these wires to evaluate this system?
A4. The only test for speed transducers may be found here. The referenced FAQ addresses actions to be taken should the transducer be determined to be operational or not.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Speedo Test - Photobug - 04-11-17, 10:28 AM
RE: Speedo Test - Photobug - 04-12-17, 02:38 AM
RE: Speedo Test - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-12-17 08:19 AM