The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VHF Radio Replacement
04-18-17, 02:52 PM
VHF Radio Replacement
I currently have an old Standard Horizon VHF Radio on my 2003 Jeanneau 43DS. Although the radio is in good working order, the cord on my RAM Mic has deteriorated. When I contacted Standard Horizon about a repair, I was informed that they no longer did repairs on that unit and my best bet would be to search Ebay for a Mic. Since purchasing the boat, three years ago, I have replace the MFD with a C140W, replacement the radome, added a HS backbone and connected a Raymarine Class B AIS, all of which are working great.

My question pertain to investing in a new VFH. I'm sure technology is very difference today and I was wondering which Raymarine VHF would be recommended and what to expect from a new unit. For example would it be connected to my backbone and what would that provide me? Would I see things, relating to radio communications on my MFD? How would the VHF interface with my AIS or would it? If these things are available, is it worth the cost given my present equipment or should I just look for a VHF with a RAM Mic and not worry about what could be done?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
VHF Radio Replacement - mphem - 04-18-17 02:52 PM
RE: VHF Radio Replacement - mphem - 04-19-17, 11:31 AM
RE: VHF Radio Replacement - mphem - 04-19-17, 03:21 PM