The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACU 200 EV-1 Autopilot Install 39' Silverton aft cabin MY
05-02-17, 02:26 PM
ACU 200 EV-1 Autopilot Install 39' Silverton aft cabin MY
I'm in the process of installing the subject unit. I have some questions:

1. The ACU, EV-1 sensor and rudder sensor will all be mounted in close proximity to each other behind cabinetry in the aft cabin. The hydraulic pump will be located in the engine room. Should I be concerned that there will be RF interference between the ACU and EV-1?

2. The control head at the helm will require 50+ feet of backbone cable. I'm planning to use a PN A06037 20m extension cable. Any problem with that?

3. There is no practicable way to mount the rudder sensor directly parallel to either of the rudder arms due to space restrictions. The rudder arms point aft. We are planning on making a "U" shaped bracket that will mount the rudder sensor inverted and pointed forward and attach it to the tie bar. We intend to fabricate this installation so that the sensor will mimic the 6" center to center distance of the rudder arms.

Any help/advice you can give would be appreciated.

Mark Seaman
Doyne's Marine 219-762-7622
Portage, Indiana
mbseaman@frontier.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ACU 200 EV-1 Autopilot Install 39' Silverton aft cabin MY - racerboy1a - 05-02-17 02:26 PM