Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4kw Open Array not connecting
05-03-17, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-17 03:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: 4kw Open Array not connecting
The were fully charged and the boat was connected to shore power when I tried to get the radar to connect.
As the boat is new to me, I haven't torn in to it enough to find the dedicated source of power for the radar, or a switch to switch that circuit off.
There is a fuse for "radar" in the electronics fuse panel under the dash, but I'm not convinced that it is providing power to this radar unit which was a replacement for the one Sea Ray installed back in 2002. I've tested that fuse and it is good.
But I did power everything down, including the MFD's, turned off the battery solenoids, and shut down the AC convertor for a few minutes in an attempt to cut all power to the radar unit and reset it. Then I turned the convertor and battery solenoids back on, restarted one of the C125 MFD's, and again attempted to get the radar going but got the exact same results.
What can I try next?
Would it be worth powering up the MFD, and with it powered up, turning the power toggle switch on the base of the radar unit itself off for a minute or so and then back on again and then try connecting through the MFD again?
Does that toggle switch completely shut off power to the unit?
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
4kw Open Array not connecting - JVM225 - 05-03-17, 11:18 AM
RE: 4kw Open Array not connecting - JVM225 - 05-03-17 02:50 PM