Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom Axiom ohhhh Axiom
05-15-17, 09:28 AM
RE: Axiom Axiom ohhhh Axiom
Randar,

Q1. What do I get if I add a HS5 RayNet Network Switch? Since I am utilizing a NMEA2K Backbone and most of my devices are connected via that network, do I even need to go to RayNet for anything? All of my devices are NMEA2K compatible.
A1. Sharing of cartography, radar, fishfinder, SiriusXM Satellite Weather/Radio, and FLIR 100/200 Series Thermal Camera imagery/control require that each of the system's MFD's be interfaced to one another and to the corresponding sources of such data via Ethernet communications. Should it not be desired to share such features or have the corresponding level of system redundancy which would result, then the MFDs may simply be interfaced to to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone as you have inferred to support dedicated operation in the manner which you have specified.

Q2. Engine Data. I have the Yamaha NMEA2K Interface (Proprietary) installed already...Do I need the EC100 as well?
A2. No. The ECI-100 would be installed in lieu of a manufacturer's NMEA 2000 Engine Gateway. The advantage of systems featuring an ECI-100 is that it's identify engines feature may be utilized to address situations in which the engines have been incorrectly assigned NMEA 2000 Instance IDs by the manufacturer. In the case of the latter issue, it would be necessary for the owner/installer to contact the engine manufacturer to obtain information concerning and to properly assign NMEA 2000 Instance IDs to the engines (i.e. port most engine = 0; Instance ID increments from port to starboard for each engine)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Axiom Axiom ohhhh Axiom - Randar - 05-08-17, 08:04 PM
RE: Axiom Axiom ohhhh Axiom - Randar - 05-12-17, 11:07 AM
RE: Axiom Axiom ohhhh Axiom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-15-17 09:28 AM
RE: Axiom Axiom ohhhh Axiom - Randar - 05-15-17, 09:39 AM