Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with Sea Talking to Sea Talk Converter
05-24-17, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-17 08:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Trouble with Sea Talking to Sea Talk Converter
Thanks Chuck,

Besides the EV-200 on the Sea Talking side, on the Sea Talk side I have: a color L770 PLUS fish finder/chart plotter linked together with a color RL80C PLUS PATHFINDER radar that I transfer my chart plotter data to and overlay radar on to. I also have a older Raystar 120 GPS supplying GPS data to both units. Everything communicates very well with each other on the older Sea Talk system and still does even though there is nothing reaching the pilot head now. That older Sea Talk of coarse had its own 12 volt power source introduced to the Sea Talk network to make it work before the converter was added. That was disconnected after adding the converter and now both sides are now powered via the back bone to the converter. The older devises still share everything no problem so 12 volt introduced to the system is not a issue and is still coming from the converter. Just nothing is reaching back to the pilot now. It worked very well for weeks (minus the track not working because of the message “no navigation data” even though everything it needed, bearing to waypoint, distance, cross track error etc was being displayed in the pilot heads data boxes). Now, nothing in the data boxes and the green solid LED on the converter stays on. Not very many connections on the entire system to try. All Sea talk plugs seem secure as do the connections to the converter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trouble with Sea Talking to Sea Talk Converter - Walt - 05-24-17 03:50 PM