Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom ?'s
06-20-17, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-17 08:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Axiom ?'s
Dave,

Q1. If I connected a "smart" transducer, such as the DST 800 to my nmea 2000 network, the axiom (70366) would indeed display depth... and then I could always later add a depth instrument such as the i50, as you suggested, in order to take advantage of some of the calibration and alarm functions you outlined.

A1. Should a Smart DST or DT transducer be installed and the associated calibration/alarm functions be desired, then an i70S Multifunction Instrument Display would need to be installed to support these features. The i50 Tridata and i50 Depth instruments are designed to calibrate and configure alarms in conjunction with analog depth, speed, and temperature transducers which have been directly mated to the instrument.

Q2. Also, does Raymarine produce a right angle connector suitable for the axiom nmea 2000 connection? I couldn't find one on your site. I understand this is not a seatalkng connection, so I could use a cable from any manufacturer? Then a simple adapter to the ng backbone...

A2. Raymarine is adopting DeviceNet Micro-C plug and sockets within the Axiom and future product designs, as the marine electronics industry is trending toward NMEA 2000 networking components featuring these connectors. Accordingly, NMEA 2000 networking components featuring DeviceNet Micro-C plugs and sockets from from any manufacturer (ex. Maretron, etc.) may be used in constructing a SeaTalkng backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Axiom ?'s - DaveE - 06-09-17, 08:13 PM
RE: Axiom ?'s - DaveE - 06-16-17, 04:44 PM
RE: Axiom ?'s - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-20-17 07:54 AM
RE: Axiom ?'s - DaveE - 06-20-17, 12:58 PM