The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Ray60 connect to Axiom 9RV though a SeaTalking Backbone?
06-22-17, 02:20 PM
Will Ray60 connect to Axiom 9RV though a SeaTalking Backbone?
I like the Lighthouse 3 MDS feature, but the 3.0.66 update with it's SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and NMEA 0183-STNG Converter blocking has made me rethink my system. I pulled the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter out of the backbone because it only feeds legacy autopilot components. I may go to Evolution anyway. I found that I had to pull the NMEA 0183-STNG Converter as well in order to get my data source selection back. Either of the two converters blocks data source selection in Lighthouse 3.0.66.

The NMEA 0183-STNG Converter was supplying the coordinates for my Standard Horizon GX2000 VHF distress functionality. By pulling the NMEA 0183-STNG Converter I've lost this critical functionality.

If I switch to a Ray 60 VHF, will I be able to connect it to my two Axiom 9RV MDF though my SeaTalking Backbone for full Ray 60 functionality? Without the use of a NMEA 0183-STNG Converter so I can keep my data source selection functionality?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Will Ray60 connect to Axiom 9RV though a SeaTalking Backbone? - wavedweller - 06-22-17 02:20 PM