Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HG EV-200 connection to my HS Network Switch???
07-05-17, 09:46 AM
RE: HG EV-200 connection to my HS Network Switch???
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Alphabravo2,

Q1. Just bought a new Catamaran and I want to install a new autopilot (EV-200) that has a Seatalk HG connection... 4 wires from the Control unit ... Seatalk HG Plug at the other end... What do I need to connect in my Seatalk Network Switch # E55058... ?
A1. Evolution autopilots are not designed to support Ethernet communications and as such may not be interfaced to a SeaTalkhs Network Switch. Evolution autopilots are designed to support SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications. Evolution autopilots and the devices with which it will communicate are designed to be interfaced as spurs to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone. The E-Series Classic MFD will also be interfaced as a spur to the aforementioned SeaTalkng backbone.

Q2. Wil there be any communication issues with the E-120 Classic series MFP?
A2. Yes. First, you will need to ensure that your E-120 Classic MFD's software has been updated to v5.69. After doing so, the MFD's SeaTalk2/NMEA 2000 socket may be interfaced as a spur to the aforementioned SeaTalkng backbone using an A06061 E-Series Classic MFD to SeaTalkng Adapter Cable. Should the SeaTalkng backbone not have an unoccupied spur socket to accommodate the E-Series Classic MFD, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to add additional spur sockets to the SeaTalkng backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HG EV-200 connection to my HS Network Switch??? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-05-17 09:46 AM