The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom not marking fish
07-04-17, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-17 09:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Axiom not marking fish
I have been trying to locate fish with the sonar, but cannot see any fish. I also have a third party fishfinder at the helm and it shows fish as well as the other features below the boat. The Axiom is at the front of the boat with a transom mount transducer. I see features as I do on the third party fishfinder, but no fish. Bottom, bait [censored], etc. are clear.
Also, I was fishing in about 30 ft. of water and the axiom went crazy. Lost bottom, full of interference, etc. I rebooted, reseated transducer connection, and powered off the third party fishfinder. Nothing helped. As I moved from the location, the symptoms dissappeared. When I moved back over the same location, the symptoms reappeared. I was in a strip mining pit the varied from 10 to 50 ft. depths. Could have an underwater object be the cause? All sonar settings are on "auto".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Axiom not marking fish - JimBognr - 07-04-17 04:35 PM
RE: Axiom not marking fish - JimBognr - 07-10-17, 04:13 PM
RE: Axiom not marking fish - JimBognr - 07-17-17, 09:49 AM
RE: Axiom not marking fish - JimBognr - 07-17-17, 08:59 PM
RE: Axiom not marking fish - JimBognr - 07-30-17, 11:34 AM