The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead p70
07-21-17, 08:31 AM
Dead p70
I have a evolution 200 hydraulic auto pilot system that I installed in December 2015. I have never had any issues with it. A few months back, I also installed an E7d and fully networked them together with stng. Again, never an issue and everything worked seamlessly.

Enter last week. I updated the software of the components with the latest software. Installation went smoothly. I also recalibrated the auto pilot. That same day, I took a 3 hour ride and upon arriving I went for fuel. After about 30 minutes I went back to the helm to begin operating the boat again. I noticed my P70 and E7d were off. My other brand plotter and radar was still on. They are both on the same circuit breaker as well as other electronic devices that were still on. I repowered the E7 and tried the same for the p70 but it would not power up. This was extremely unfortunate as I was heading a couple hundred miles off shore on a very long trip. Fortunately, I remembered that I can operate the autopilot through the multi-function display. I completed my trip in that fashion.

E7d gets its own power and the stng network also is powered. The autopilot computer is on a separate breaker from the rest of the electronics and is not powering the network. The switch for that is off. The p70 is connected with one drop cable to the network. All other components on the network are acting as they should as evidence by the autopilot working through the E7.

I searched but I'm unable to find any other troubleshooting for me to go any further. Would like to know if this is a common thing and there is a troubleshooting method I am missing or I just happen to have my control head go bad.

Thank you, Kyle
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Dead p70 - 94gts - 07-21-17 08:31 AM
RE: Dead p70 - 94gts - 07-21-17, 12:18 PM
RE: Dead p70 - 94gts - 07-21-17, 09:33 PM
RE: Dead p70 - 94gts - 07-27-17, 08:58 AM