The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i60 Analogue Wind Instrument failure
08-17-17, 07:23 PM
i60 Analogue Wind Instrument failure
I have an integrated Raymarine system including e7 mfd, ACU100 autohelm, i40 speed and depth, AIS850, and i60 wind instrument. The system is tied together using STng cabling and connectors. The i60 was installed in 2016. I was able to use the existing cable between masthead and display but replaced both the masthead transducer and cockpit display.

This weekend, in dry weather, while adjusting settings in the e7 mfd, the wind signal stopped and the i60 wind speed instrument stopped indicating wind speed. The display shows --- in the wind speed window. If I shut OFF the instrument and restart it, the display quickly goes to --- again.

I performed the masthead transducer test you provide in the forum taking voltages at the back of the instrument. Voltages were within your listed parameters in all cases. However, I was concerned with the voltage indicated between anemometer (yellow) and shield (grey). Even though wind speed was stable at about 4 knots and the anemometer appeared to be rotating at constant speed, the voltage was variable jumping frequently between less than a volt to various other voltages, as high as 3.3 V. In contrast, all other voltages were fairly steady. The anemometer I installed is the round cup variety (E70061).

Before sending the instrument off for testing, it seemed wise to question whether the variability of my anemometer voltage is an expected test result. Have you seen this behavior before?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
i60 Analogue Wind Instrument failure - LngTmSlr - 08-17-17 07:23 PM