The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question/suggestion on System Upgrade (partial or full?)
09-15-17, 10:11 AM
Question/suggestion on System Upgrade (partial or full?)
I just purchased a 1997 Sea Ray 330 EC. I believe it has all of the original Raymarine electronics and they all work (just very outdated).

It is equipped with Ratheon XX Radar, Raystar 112 GPS, R10XX Raster Scanner, Raychart 601XX, Raymarine L750 Fish Finder, ST60+ Tridata, Ray210 VHF Radio, Raypilot 650 Autopilot with Seastar HC5312 (7.2 cubic inch) hydraulic steering and Type 100 ACU (I think).

I'm investigating options and trying to decide on a partial upgrade or a full system upgrade. It feels like the Autopilot is a limiting factor based on cost. It's a really nice feature but I'm not sure I will use it very much. Can the existing Autopilot be integrated into a new system with an MFD with Radar, Chartplotting, GPS, Sonar? What alternatives do you suggest that I investigate further to determine my upgrade direction.

Thanks for the help!!! I'm obviously a newbie.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Question/suggestion on System Upgrade (partial or full?) - sberens - 09-15-17 10:11 AM