Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EV-150 issues
09-21-17, 03:20 PM
RE: EV-150 issues
Steve,

Thanks following up.

A1. I was looking to see that the ferrites and drain leads had been addressed in the manner which I had specified/referred to ... not necessarily the manner specified within the installation guide. I also need to know whether the interference is observed when the autopilot is in standby and the engines and all other equipment other than the marine electronics are switched OFF. Should the interference only be observed when the autopilot has been commanded into Auto or Track mode, then it would be recommended that additional ferrites be added to the ACU's power leads and motor leads. Should application of up to six ferrites per lead not address the problem, then it would be recommended that the ACU be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench tested/services.

A2. The sensed deviation is much greater than would be recommended. Accordingly, it would be recommended that another location be selected for the EV-1 sensor core, that an Autopilot Factory Reset be commanded, Dockside Wizard, etc. be executed and that the maximum sensed deviation be checked again ... recommend ten degrees or less deviation.

If seeking onboard assistance, it is recommended that a Certified Raymarine Installer be contacted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
EV-150 issues - stevea - 09-16-17, 12:49 PM
RE: EV-150 issues - stevea - 09-21-17, 02:30 PM
RE: EV-150 issues - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-21-17 03:20 PM
RE: EV-150 issues - stevea - 09-21-17, 07:35 PM
RE: EV-150 issues - Oregoncme - 09-21-17, 10:03 PM