Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Networking two e97 MFDs
12-04-17, 04:24 PM
RE: Networking two e97 MFDs
Steve,

Q1. What is the SD1 (map) and SD2 (data) used for on the non-data master e97 used for?
A1. The chart card(s) need not be inserted within the Data Master MFDs's memory card reader unless you are planning to operate the Data Master MFD while the non-Data Master MFD is switched OFF. As cartography is shared between the MFDs, should you have a chart card(s) containing another type of compatible cartography (ex. LightHouse, C-Map, etc.), then these chart cards may be inserted into the memory card reader slot of MFD within the system which is switched ON.
Onboard my own boat I operate with LightHouse, Navionics, and C-Map simultaneously within the system.

Q2. The non-data master e97 is for charting and the data master e97 is used for fish finding with sonar.
A2. Should a microSD card be inserted into the Data Master MFD's memory card reader, then it may be used to save screen captures of the Fishfinder sounder imagery, etc.

Q3. The second question is one of control. It appears that there are redundant controls on the two e97s. So can I be charting on the Charting (non data master) e97 and navigating to a waypoint and at the same time use the Sonar (data master) e97 controls to do something like enable a track or add a new waypoint?
A3. Yes.

Q4. Are there any redundant controls that are forbidden to use?
No.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Networking two e97 MFDs - semnet - 09-25-17, 05:46 AM
RE: Networking two e97 MFDs - semnet - 12-04-17, 07:17 AM
RE: Networking two e97 MFDs - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-04-17 04:24 PM