Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Part 3 of leaking type 2 pump...
04-05-16, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-16 03:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Part 3 of leaking type 2 pump...
Well, the plot thickens.

I was led around the mulberry bush for 2 weeks with fabricated reports of the putative replacement seal's progress. It never happened. Apparently their supplier was backordered, and they didn't tell me.

Current representations are that the boss was in MIA and sought out a new supplier who had them, and if the order isn't delayed on the incoming flight, it will be on a plane Wednesday, arriving Marsh Harbour, presumed (no customs issues) Thursday.

Meanwhile, we have perhaps another quart or so of hydraulic fluid. My sense of volume has it that I shouldn't need more than a pint to properly fill the reservoir; I'd put in a little and pressurize it to see if it didn't leak, first, of course.

So, several followup questions:

How much fluid would the reservoir take from empty to appropriate level (about half, I think)?

Would that likely need further filling after bleeding?

The local NAPA has 32 weight hydraulic oil. If we needed more would this be appropriate?

If it didn't work (I can't imagine it would not, but at this point I'm not trusting anything), and I had to cap the lines, what exact description/named part would I request from the hardware store which would seal those ends?

If I do have to seal them with caps, are they compression fit, or(and?) will I need teflon tape or goo? If so, which?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Part 3 of leaking type 2 pump... - skipgundlach - 04-05-16 04:06 PM