The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 (NG) MFD reboots when connect to SeaTalk Network
10-08-17, 07:04 PM
A7 (NG) MFD reboots when connect to SeaTalk Network
I had an existing Sea Talk Wind/depth/speed network when I bought my boat. I added an EV-100 autopilot and A7 MFD (both NG). I bought the Sea Talk 1 to NG "converter" and everything auto-magically connected great. I was able to interact with the auto pilot from the MFD, and read speed/wind/depth data also from the MFD.
Then I "fixed" it. The MFD was displaying distance in statute miles, and I was able to discover this was because my knot meter was driving the system. So I made some corrections, and all seemed well at the dock.
But now, anytime I turn all on, the MFD reboots at the point that it seems to be digesting the network information. The A7 starts up, finds it's position, then reboots... all day long.
I've found that if I disconnect the MFD from the network, all works fine. I can use all of the systems and see all displays, but naturally I liked having the information available on the MFD (e.g. wind speed, select an auto pilot go-to point from the MFD). But, as soon as I connect the network cable to the back of the MFD, it reboots again.
I have only 1 MFD (A7) on the boat, the EV-100, the 3 separate Wind, speed, depth systems, and the Sea Talk 1 to Sea Talk NG converter kit.
Any thoughts on what I need to change to make everyone happy? (I don't remember everything I tweaked when I fixed it, and I really do want knots and Nautical miles to be used on the MFD...

Mickey D
O'Day 322
Mt Sinai, NY
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A7 (NG) MFD reboots when connect to SeaTalk Network - Mickstr6 - 10-08-17 07:04 PM