The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Software updates issues for multiple devices
10-11-17, 03:18 PM
Software updates issues for multiple devices
Hello:

The last time (fall 2014) that I did an update on my Raymarine equipment I ran into problems with the EV-1 and the ACU400 not updating. In fact, after that attempt the system did not even "see" them. I ended up having to send the units to Raymarine for updating. Was not a big problem then, I was in Hampton VA.

I am now in Panama getting ready to cross the Pacific. I just installed 2 new i70s displays and I would like to update my Autopilot to the latest software. I understand that the EV-1 needs to be updated first and that the MFD will do the update in-turn. After reading some comments in the forum I see that there can still be an issue when updating with multiple NG devices and that if the "normal" update procedure does not work it is recommended to "unplug" the Spur cables to devices not being updated.

I am wondering if I should start out do that to begin with? (or is there a better method) And if I do, in what order should I do the updates? Should I turn the "slave" MFDs off during the procedure as well?

Again, I am in Panama (living aboard) so it is not an easy (or cheap) task to return the units to Raymarine for upgrades.

Any suggestions? I have copied you on the equipment that we have on board as well as the software versions for each. The big thing I want is the upgraded software for the ACU400.

Thanks,

Bob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Software updates issues for multiple devices - bobmackie - 10-11-17 03:18 PM