The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I NEED HELP WITH AN INSTALLATION…
03-21-16, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 03-25-16 07:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)

I bought a 2001 sailboat with the following electronics already installed:

ST60+ Tridata connected via ST to a

ST-60 Wind Machine connected via ST to a

ST-6001 Smart Pilot connected to an Autohelm Model 300course computer.

There is also on board a…. Sitex Class B AIS transceiver connected to a Sitex GPS. (the transceiver has a male NEMA 2000 connector on the chasis.)

Standard VHF radio,

The ST-6001 smart pilot head works, but the screen is damaged so I purchased a new P70 autopilot control head to replace it. This unfortunately, I discovered , is not a plug and play situation. The P70 has the newer seatalk ng connectors on the back while the ST6001 has the old flat three prong ones. What do I do about that? How do I hook it up to the model 300 course computer?

The biggest part of this system is a new es128 MFD… I would like to be able to hook up all my existing instrumentation to it.

How do I connect all these different things together? Please, someone give me detailed instructions. A diagram would be very helpful. If things are incompatible with sea talk (maybe the old autopilot computer) is there a way to hook them into the system using NMEA 0183?) I’ve received a lot of conflicting advise from the dealer and others who say they know what they’re talking about. Some say that the P70 will not work with the old computer because it cannot be calibrated...calibrate what? Can I leave the old head in the ST line to accommodate calibration?

Also, the autopilot computer and the MFD both require a direct 12VDC suppiy… can there be more than one source of voltage in a Seatalk system (between Seatalk and Seatalk ng)? I would like to put the MFD on a separatecircuit breaker from the autopilot, but if a system has multiple sources ofpower can either actually be shut off?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I NEED HELP WITH AN INSTALLATION… - Steve Schwartz - 03-21-16 10:46 AM