Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom Side Vision
10-26-17, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-26-17 11:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Axiom Side Vision
Thanks Chuck,
My question / concern is why the columns do not appear to go to the top of the waterline (centerline of the screen), and why as I got closer to the columns did the ht of the columns appear to increase? To me that suggests that the Axiom / transponder is not reading at the 180 Deg angle but more likely something like 60 deg like the down vision.
Perhaps I am reading the side vision incorrectly, if so please help me understand why I am seeing what I am seeing, or not seeing in this case. I don't know if I attached a photo of the columns that were scanned but I have on this reply. As you will see they are significant in size, about 4ft diam. My interpretation of the way the side vision works is kind of like taking a flashlight view to the side from the transducer then take that view and lay it flat. So the black water column on the screen should show the columns going from the bottom to the top of the water column, and should show that whether they are 10 or 30 ft from the boat, vs getting shorter as I get farther away from them. I have asked others with a third party system if they see the columns go from bottom to top of water when they pass by bridge columns such as these and they say theirs does show it that way, so why does my system not show it that way?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Axiom Side Vision - gmckenzie - 10-16-17, 02:01 PM
RE: Axiom Side Vision - gmckenzie - 10-20-17, 02:21 PM
RE: Axiom Side Vision - gmckenzie - 10-26-17 10:38 AM
RE: Axiom Side Vision - gmckenzie - 10-30-17, 07:26 PM