The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converting SG2 Smartpilot to NMEA 2000 and New Network
10-23-17, 06:41 AM
Converting SG2 Smartpilot to NMEA 2000 and New Network
Recently updated and older all raymarine network (circa 2005)

I added 3 new Axiom 9s and Digital radar.

Everything seems to be networked and working as it should except the Autopilot.

I bought an Actisense Nmea gateway and wired it directly to the course computer in the NMEA 0183 terminals as instructed and then plugged into the N2K Spine. The MFD can see the Actisense in the N2K spine but MFD does not see the autopilot nor does the autpilot control head ST8002 seem to be tied into the network.

There are 2 terminal blocks on the wiring panel. One is the NMEA 0183 wires from the course computer and tied into that are 2 NMEA 0183 cables that connected to the older E80's. They are now not connected to anything

The other block has the seatalk wires from the course computer tied in w the ST8002 conrol head, RF Base, wireless smart controller, and the cables form those devices that plugged into the MFDs. Those cables too are not tied in to the network rt now.

Q1. On the NMEA side. Have I done this correctly? connecting rt to the course computer and then to the N2K spine?

Q2. What do I do w the seatalk side? Do these need to be converted to N2K also and plugged into the spine? How do I do this?

Thank you

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Converting SG2 Smartpilot to NMEA 2000 and New Network - moonzy1 - 10-23-17 06:41 AM