The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selected Sounder Unavailable
11-05-17, 04:04 PM
Selected Sounder Unavailable
I have an ES97 MFD. It's less than a year old. I took the boat out yesterday and it seemed to take longer than usual to start. When it did, the sounder was not working. The whole time I was out it kept trying to turn the sonar on and then displaying the message "Selected Sounder Unavailable". I went back to the boat this morning and tried resetting the sounder and resetting the system. Same issue "Selected Sounder Unavailable". When you go to the channel setting there is no choice shown for which sounder to select. So I thought since I still have the C97 this unit replaced, and the connections are the same, I would try plugging that in to see if there was an issue with the transducer. I did and the sonar worked fine - no issue.

I think I need to send my ES97in for repair but I wanted to check and make sure there is nothing else I could try before I do. I was planning on upgrading the sounder to the CP370 but would still want the internal one in the ES to function. I also noticed the unit was very warm when I was checking the wiring - not sure if that is normal or not.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Selected Sounder Unavailable - DFMott - 11-05-17 04:04 PM