Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A65 & EV100 Power Installation ???
11-15-17, 02:15 PM
RE: A65 & EV100 Power Installation ???
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jtleeds,

Q1. Do I/should I/Can I connect the ev100 to the gps ?? the only open port on the back of the gps is the "Aux" port. the other 4 are taken (gps, sonar, power and nmea0183 connected to my vhf).
A1. Negative. However, it is possible to use the NMEA 0183 output from an A60/A65 to supply GPS data to both the Evolution autopilot and to the VHF radio. This communications interface will additionally support supplying the Evolution autopilot with Speed (through water) data if the DSM25 has been interfaced to a transducer having an operational speed through water paddle wheel. It is additionally possible for the Evolution autopilot to supply the MFD with heading data to maximize performance of an A60/A65 when operating is Head up mode or utilizing any of an A60/A65's heading data dependent features. To do so:
- the VHF radio's leads (note their colors) would be temporarily disconnected from the NMEA 0183 output leads (yellow and brown) of the MFD's NMEA 0183 Cable. The leads from both of these devices would then be rejoined using a terminal strip.
- An additional spur socket would be added to the backbone used to network the Evolution autopilot components to one another.
- A NMEA 0183 to SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-ISO-STNG, etc.) would interfaced to the backbone spur socket added per the step above.
- The NMEA 0183 input leads would of the NMEA 0183 to SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 data bridging device would be terminal strip connected to the corresponding terminals of the terminal strip called out above to additionally supply the Evolution Autopilot with GPS data.
- The NMEA 0183 output leads of the NMEA 0183 to SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 data bridging device would then be connected to the NMEA 0183 input leads of the A60/A65's NMEA 0183 Cable to permit the Evolution autopilot to supply heading data to the A60/A65.

When interfaced in the manner described above, the autopilot would be able to operate in Auto mode (i.e. steering to a locked heading) or in Track mode (steering to a waypoint/route), and support fishing patterns.

Q2. Is my A65 the old Seatalk? I see the converter kit E22158
A2. Negative. The A60/A65 displays are only supplied with a NMEA 0183 communications interface to support interfacing the A60/A65 with other products.

Q3. Whats the difference of hooking it up to my gps or not hooking it up ?
A3. Evolution autopilot are heavily dependent upon speed data. The Evolution autopilots will accept three types of such speed data. In order of good, better, and best, the accepted speed inputs are manually entered estimated cruise speed, GPS SOG, and Speed (through water). Should the Evolution autopilot not be interfaced to the MFD in the manner specified within the response to Q1, then the operator may operate the Evolution autopilot in Auto mode after having entered the estimated cruising speed into the autopilot's control head.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A65 & EV100 Power Installation ??? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-15-17 02:15 PM