The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting a Axiom Pro 12 S in place of a RC530
11-16-17, 11:42 AM
Connecting a Axiom Pro 12 S in place of a RC530
I recently purchased an Axiom Pro 12 S to replace my sailboat's RC530 chart plotter as well as a Quantum Radar to replace a 15 year old analog Raymarine Radome.

I need help to make a connection between the in place the older cable that carries power and the NMEA 0183 wires to the Navpod at the binnacle.

The new cable for NMEA 0183, Video, Power has: Red, Black, and female BNC connectors that I know what to do with. It also has White, Yellow, Brown, Green, Orange with gray stripe, and Orange with white stripe. I understand that those are for the NMEA 0183.

The older cable has Red and black that I know go to + and - battery and also Yellow, Green, Blue, Orange, and a bare (uncoated) wire.

Please tell me what connections should I make between the wires in the old cable and the new cable in order to have the NMEA 0183 functional.

The other equipment that the system has is a ST6001+ autopilot, ST60 tridata, ST60 speed, and a remote for the autopilot. I plan to soon add a Raymarine AIS transponder.

Thanks!

Jeff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Connecting a Axiom Pro 12 S in place of a RC530 - Jeff in VA - 11-16-17 11:42 AM