The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ITC-5 LED lights and failure to see wind and speed transducers
11-18-17, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-17 10:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
ITC-5 LED lights and failure to see wind and speed transducers
I just installed an ITC-5 and it is seeing the depth transducer fine (solid LED, good readings on depth-boat is in the water). However, it is not seeing the wind and speed transducers. So I went about debugging things. I have two Axiom 9s, RMK-9, I70s instrument, ACU-400 autopilot w/ EV1 and p70, HS5, Quantum radar, and 650/100 AIS, Yellow ST1 to STng 5-port strip for legacy instruments. The legacy instruments are (1) ST60 analog wind, (1) ST60+ speed, and (1) ST60 depth. All legacy instruments were working properly prior to the new ITC-5 but were not feeding any data into the STng system through the yellow conversion block, which is why I just purchased a bunch of new ST50 and ST60 instruments to bring everything into the STng system. We've put a thousand or so miles on the boat since August 2017 and everything on the STng network was/is working fine.
1) To start the debug, I downloaded and installed all peripheral software and confirmed my Axiom 9s have the latest updates.
2) Ran all the various check systems in the i70s to make sure it was seeing transducers (it only saw the depth, saw ITC-5 for wind, but no data, didn't see anything for speed).
3) Are Airmar speed transducers sensitive to cable length? Ours is fed into a system run and I had to extend the far end by 5 meters or so with a soldered connection and shrink tube on the individual wires at the splice (plus shrink tube over the total splice).
4) The LEDs on the ITC-5 are not helping to debug things and I believe Raymarine should address this. The backbone light stays lit solid, which is good. Depth stays lit solid which is good. All other LEDs flash intermittently. This happens regardless of whether anything is plugged in to a particular family/strip of contacts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ITC-5 LED lights and failure to see wind and speed transducers - KBK - 11-18-17 06:42 AM