The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSM 300 issues
11-20-17, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-17 10:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
DSM 300 issues
Good Morning,
I recently purchased a boat equipped with The following Raymarine electronics:
E140W Hybrid display
RS125 GPS antenna
E92143 4KW Radome
DSM300
Ray240 VHF
And I just installed a TM258 transducer to replace a P66 that the previous owner had knocked off.

On my short test rides after installing the TM258 everything ran fine. However on Sat I ran out 30 miles into Gulf of Mexico. Max depth 100'. Everything ran good until about 20 miles out, 70' of water. Then I first lost scrolling, then a few minutes later lost depth as well. 10 minutes later a loss of DSM came up on screen and then I think it rebooted and everything was good. Then throughout the day all these issues kept repeating (not in the same order). Also 1/2 hr later the entire screen started flickering. I was running the fishing mode which was 1/2 chart, 1/2 sonar at the time. The flickering would continue until the next time I received the "lost DSM" and then it would be ok for 5-10 minutes. Thinking the flickering may have been caused by low voltage I ran the motors with no effect. For the run home I switched to full chart screen and the flickering immediately stopped and did not return.
I had read a lot online about the "DSM300" that was manufactured in Mexico. So was not surprised when this all occurred. I pulled the Unit out and sure enough, Designed in "USA,Made in Mexico" It is a E63069, sn#05051502.

What are my options? Of course I have read that RM is replacing these with the CP370 and if that is possible that is what I prefer. I would be happy to return the unit for you to test/verify. I need to have the new unit installed by no later than the end of December. After reading all the issues about the DSM 300 I would not be open for a repair. Hopefully RM can replace this as they have been doing with the next model cp370. Thank you for your help and I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day! I
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
DSM 300 issues - Doublecabin - 11-20-17 09:10 AM