Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray70 VHF Connection to Axiom 9 via HS5
12-09-17, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-17 10:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Ray70 VHF Connection to Axiom 9 via HS5
Thanks Chuck!

I have now purchased the following to connect the Ray70 to my Axiom 9 MFD:

2 Seatalk Backbone Terminators (A06031)
1 Raymarine Devicenet Female Adapter Cable to Seatalk (A06045)
1 Raymarine Seatalk power cable (A06049)
1 Raymarine Seatalk 5 way connector (A06064)

Please correct me if I'm wrong..... but my understanding is since I do not have a existing seatalk network that I will be doing to following: My Axiom 9 screen has a device net plug coming out of the same plug that has its power wire. I will connect that to the Devicenet female to Seatalk adapter (A06045) which will then connect to one of the 3 open middle plugs of the 5 way connector. The two end plugs on the 5 way connector will have the sea talk backbone terminators. One of the middle 3 open plugs on the 5 way connector will have the Seatalk power cable and the remaining open plug will have the sea talk spur cable that came with the Ray70 connected to it.

Is this correct???

Question 2:

Does my other Axiom 9 Screen also have to be connected to the Seatalk backbone for it to display the AIS info from the Ray70? Or will my first Axiom 9 MFD share the info as it would share the sonar and radar data? Sonar is hooked up directly to my first axiom 9 mfd, radar is plugged into the HS-5 along with both Axiom 9 MFDs.

Question 3:

If it does..... what do I need to add since I've used all of the open ports? I would need a short Backbone Cable and a "T" connector?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ray70 VHF Connection to Axiom 9 via HS5 - BForsyth - 12-09-17 11:10 PM