The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] Making my magnetic compass work again (EV-100 Wheel)
12-05-17, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-17 05:59 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG] Making my magnetic compass work again (EV-100 Wheel)
Hi,
I have installed an EV-100 Wheel autopilot in my boat. I am happy with it but I am not so happy that my compass is no logner working.

The boat have a round piedestal and for some reason it is not possible to place the wheel motor in the lower position because there is not enough room between the piedestal and the motor (I need about 1cm more). I have tested that a low motor position will allow the compass to work.

As I see it I have two options to get the compass to work:
1. Drill a new [censored] beside the existing one in wheel to give more room for the motor. This will by far be the easies one - but I will need to drill a [censored] in the wheel...
2. In some way create my own piedestal bracket to offset the pin that locks the wheel in place on the piedestal.

So - three questions to you guys:
1. Do I have a other options? (beside living with th non-functioning compass)
2. Which of the otions should above I go for?
3. Raymarine - why dont you offer a piedestal bracket where the pin in offset?

Hope someone can help - and happy holidays!
Dyhrberg

Attached File(s)
.jpg  Wheel2.jpg (Size: 133.79 KB / Downloads: 265)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG] Making my magnetic compass work again (EV-100 Wheel) - Dyhrberg - 12-05-17 01:37 PM