The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CA] RV Transducer(s) placement help
02-10-18, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-18 10:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] RV Transducer(s) placement help
Hi,

I would line to determine the ideal transducer to purchase based on the hull of my Grady White 282 Sailfish. There are a few potential issues with his hull that I would like some input on.

There are pickup and discharge ports for the marine head about 20 feet forward of the transom close to the center line

There are 3 water pickups about 2-3 feet forward of the transom close to the center line.

There are 2 molded in transducer pockets about 2-3 feet forward of the transom and about 3 feet from the center line.

My main concern is aerated water from the two ports in the head.

Ideally I would install the RV 200 on center line just forward of the water pickups. The bottom of the boat is slightly rounded and not flat so it would either need to be sanded flat or a fairing block would need to be installed. The angle is not severe but i am weary about removing material in a 12"x4" area on the bottom of the boat.

The other option is the rv220 set. Now the question is where to install these? I can consolidate the 3 current water inlets to 2 inlets so there is some flexibility. I worry about clean water again because of the ports for the head.

Based on what I have read here, the transducer pair should not be more than 36" apart so using the built in pockets would not work plus they are designed so they are flat facing the bottom and there are no "0" offset transducer pairs that I know of.

Please see linked photo http://i.cubeupload.com/qJwiw9.jpg

that shows the location of the forward ports (other port not in pic but same location on other side) the 3 water intakes and the starbord transducer pocket with existing ducer.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Also at what speed should I realistically be able to read bottom, scan sides, use 3d etc.

Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] RV Transducer(s) placement help - scott06903 - 02-10-18 03:12 PM