The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) AIS Targets disappear after a couple minutes
02-10-18, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-18 11:20 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) AIS Targets disappear after a couple minutes
When I power up my Raymarine system on my sailboat (eS97, AIS650, Ray70 VHF, AIS/VHF Splitter, autopilot, wind and depth instruments) my chart shows AIS targets at further than 25nm. All seems well.

After a couple minutes the targets outside of 5-6nm disappear. This does not happen on occasion--it happens ever time I fire up the system. If I reboot, the targets reappear for a couple minutes then disappear once again. I checked the targets against MarineTraffic and they were legit targets.

My antenna is on the top of the 65' mast. The VHF replies to a radio check beyond 25nm.

I am stumped. I have check all the VHF connections. No AIS faults show up.

Is there an AIS setting hidden somewhere that limits the number of targets or the range? The largest number of targets that I have encountered appears to be around 40-50.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
(DG) AIS Targets disappear after a couple minutes - djpowers - 02-10-18 05:39 PM