The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] M232 Mounting Location
02-15-18, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-18 12:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] M232 Mounting Location
I am considering adding an M232 to my system with an AXIOM MFD.

I have a Raymarine Super HD Color 48" Open Array radar mounted at the rear of the fly bridge hardtop. The centerline of the Radar Array is approximately 18 inches above the hardtop "deck" surface.

If I mount the M232 near the forward edge of the hardtop (approximately 7 feet forward of the radar), and on the hardtop deck surface (18" below the Radar Array centerline) will that be a significant obstruction to the radar and create a blind spot?

I noticed in a different post the moderator cautioned against salt spray getting on the M232. Even though the hardtop deck is approximately 12 feet above the sea surface, certain wind and sea conditions do produce spray over the hardtop. Will this damage the M232? Can the M232 be safely rinsed with fresh water to clean off any saltwater?

Jon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] M232 Mounting Location - jkspain - 02-15-18 11:51 AM