The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Networking Mercury Vessel View Link to Axiom?
03-18-18, 12:32 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-18 09:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Networking Mercury Vessel View Link to Axiom?
I've tried a number of things/connection combinations to get my Axiom to recognize my Mercury 250 ProXS Engine Data via Mercury Vessel View Link, but no luck.

Here's my setup, what am I doing wrong?

1) Dual Axiom MFD, connected to SeaTalk HS5 Network Switch (Radar, two Axiom MFD)
2) AutoPilot ACU, Pilot Control, Compass, Ext GPS Antennae, all linked together via Seatalkng spur cables to backbone(s). I also have my MFDs networked via NMEA2000 cables to a T, with NEMA (female) -> Seatalkng spur cable. - - all working together nicely.

The Problem is that The Axiom(s) don't recognize Merc Engine Data. I have the Merc Vessel View Link plugged into Merc Engine Harness (via Male -> Male jumper), and the NEMA2000 male port connected into my Seatalkng backbone/network with a (Female)NMEA2000->Seathalk Cable. Everything has the appropriate resistors in any open spots. Power is being supplied to the Seatalkng BAckbone via my Autopilot ACU "power" output.

Any ideas where I can be going wrong here? I've tried to connect the Vessel View directly into a NMEA2000 Multi Plug with the AXIOM units, but also no luck!?

Does the SeaTalkng Backbone need additional power? I thought the Seatalkng Spur cable supplied power to the Vessel View, or Vessel View would get power from the Merc Engine Harness plug (harness checked OK w Volt meter).

Thanks for the help. This Raymarine Forum is VERY helpful!

I'm out of ideas. Thank you for the help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] Networking Mercury Vessel View Link to Axiom? - theodous - 03-18-18 12:32 AM